The stomach is one of the most difficult areas to lose the fat that builds up on top of the inner muscles. In order to trim the fat off, cardio exercises are the way to go. By building your stamina and performing cardiovascular exercises, you not only help your heart beat stronger but you lose body fat and trim the tummy fat.
One of the best exercises (and the one I must push myself to do) is running. It is the healthiest and most productive form of weight loss you can ever encounter.
An important factor to keep in mind is that in order to lose a pound you must burn at least 3600 calories. This means you will need to combine running with a healthy diet; try choosing smaller portions of high-fat high-calorie foods and consume more whole grains, fruits, and vegetables.
Below you will find some motivational and health tips to a running routine.
- Set a goal for yourself, weekly or daily (how many miles you want to run in a specific day or week, the amount of weight you would like to lose, or my personal one- I will run for at least an hour 3-4 times this week)
- Make sure to maintain a healthy diet with a balance serving of whole grains, fruits, and vegetables
- Do stretching exercises beforehand to prevent injuries (calisthenic stretches, lunges, hurtles, etc)
- Drink eight glasses of water a day
- Keep a health journal (diet, exercises, etc.)
- Put on your workout gear, iPod, and running shoes to an energizing song that will pump you up (I jam out to “Bad Romance” by Lady Gaga)
What are some tips you can offer to maintain a steady running schedule? (I’m always in need of extra motivation!)